It is very obvious that when you want to settle in vibrant countries like Canada or Australia, you want your visa to be processed at a faster pace. In the case of temporary visas, you can only depend on the employer to complete the formalities related to work. But, when it comes to processing permanent residence visas, the ball is always in your court. Permanent residence visas of these countries are issued considering the points that the applicant can obtain under the respective immigration system. These points are often influenced by time, age, work experience, education, spouse’s abilities, etc. And these factors ultimately affect the success of the visa application. To ensure that the process runs smoothly and at a faster pace, here are the three most important tips to follow.
Tip No. 1: apply at the right time-
It may seem surprising to read, but time is definitely a crucial factor in applying for a PR visa. Under the time factor, the application can be affected in the following ways:
- Age: At the time of applying, if you are young you are more successful. This is because these countries have a high demand for young professionals (preferably between 18 and 25 years old). So, to settle in Canada or Australia and gain greater preference and also great career prospects, apply when you are in the most sought-after age range.
- Peak months: According to research, the best time to apply for immigration to Australia is in February and July. These two months are considered to be the rush hour for submitting immigration to Australia. Applications during these peak months are often said to be associated with higher success results.
- Recruitment periods: Different provincial or state migration programs in each country have specific intake periods for PNP / State nomination applications. Keeping applications ready before these hiring periods often results in faster hiring, improving your chances of a quick visa.
Tip No. 2: increase your CRS score-
You may be aware that Canada and Australia have an immigration system that operates through a points structure. The candidate’s eligibility and success for an international permanent residency status depends primarily on how well they can score with the points-based system. If you feel your score is hindering the success of your application, here are some ways you can improve your points.
- Improve your qualification: To improve your score, the best and simplest thing you can do is improve your qualification. If you are a graduate, a higher degree will eventually increase your score and your selection preferences. Likewise, any certification or diploma promoting nominated occupations will also be a good step towards improving your score.
- Enhance Work Experience: Candidates with the highest work experience score good points with the Canada and Australia points system. If you have a chance to improve your work experience before applying or while your application is pending, go ahead, work hard and update. This could possibly increase your score and the chances of a faster visa.
- Retry IELTS: To become an international permanent resident, applicants must demonstrate their level of proficiency in the English language. For this IELTS is mandatory. As a candidate, if your IELTS score is what is delaying the process or causing you to get a lower score, try your IELTS again. The best tip for better results is to seek expert help in preparing for IELTS.
- Include partner skills: If your spouse or common law partner is accompanying your immigration, it is best to include his or her skills in the application, provided he is eligible. This is because PR visa applicants are awarded additional points for partner competencies and this ultimately increases the points.
- Test your application by state / province: If you meet the eligibility requirements of a respective State or Province, applying for an increase in State Nominations will increase your points and also increase your chances of getting your visa quickly.
Tip No. 3: get expert help-
Despite all your best efforts, if you are still unable to catch up on those big points to speed up your process, you may be missing out on something that only an experienced eye can catch.
Get in touch with the best immigration experts in your city and get advice on the aspects that will help you with your application. As immigration experts are up-to-date and have hands-on experience processing thousands of visa cases, they will help you analyze gaps in your case (if any) and show you ways to faster success.